Thursday, May 24, 2012


Awhile on the Pile/From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday but was also inspired by Rachel at My Reading Pile/Fiktshun. The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review -- or any book that you own and really want to read/review -- but haven't yet got around to reading in order to give the book some extra publicity.


Here's the book I chose to give some extra love this week:

Amazon | Barnes &  Noble | Goodreads
Title:  Hades
Author:  Alexandra Adornetto
Series:  2nd book in the Halo series
Publisher:  Feiwel & Friends
Publication Date:  August 30, 2011
Source:  ARC from publisher

Heaven. Help. Her.

Bethany Church is an angel sent to Earth to keep dark forces at bay. Falling in love was never part of her mission, but the bond between Beth and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier Woods, is undeniably strong. But even Xavier’s love, and the care of her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can’t keep Beth from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in Hell. There, the demon Jake Thorn bargains for Beth’s release back to Earth. But what he asks of her will destroy her, and quite possibly, her loved ones, as well.

The story that Alexandra Adornetto built in her New York Times-bestselling debut, Halo, comes alive in action-packed and unexpected ways, as angels battle demons, and the power of love is put to the test.


Wow...I hadn't realized I had been hanging onto this one for almost a year!  I have to admit, I didn't really like the first book, and I really only bought it for the cover.  I have some serious cover-lust when it comes to this series.  Hades has angel wings on it?  Lightning?  A motorcycle?  Yeah, this book looks to be thrilling.  I owe it to my self and my shelf to give this one a try, right?  Especially since the conclusion to the series lands on bookshelves in mere months.  Right?

I'm planning on using this summer to clean up my TBR a bit, and I think I'll be able to squeeze this one in.  What do you think?  Have you read Hades yet?  What say you, starry-eyed cohorts?

12 comments:

  1. I recently read this one! I loved it but I love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first book myself but it seems like most people, like you, weren't very impressed. I admit I adore the cover though, and the cover of Hades even more! I hope you read it and find out it's amazing so that I can buy it. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too, because the cover of the next book is just as gorgeous! :P

      Delete
  3. I haven't read this book, or the one before it, but I understand what you mean, the cover is so cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these covers, but I'm not sure I liked the first book enough to continue with the series. If you HAVE a copy though, may as well read it- maybe it does get better! It's just finding the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I kind of feel the same way...I'll read it eventually, but I have a feeling it will remain on the pile for a lot longer.

      Delete
  5. I've read this book, can't say too much because then you'll probably just not read it. They aren't the best but they aren't the worst books (this series that is) but I hope you get to read it soon. Here's my From the review Pile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I didn't hate Halo, I was just...apathetic towards it. I'll read it eventually. :P

      Delete
  6. I have Halo here but I haven't read it yet. Heard so many negative reviews that I'm scared to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Havent heard good things abt this one. Can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the covers for the series. Haven't got a chance to read it yet. Hope you'll read it soon! Enjoy!

    Michelle's From the Review Pile

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...