Wednesday, September 11, 2013




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...






Title: Dreams of Gods & Monsters
Author: Laini Taylor
Series: Daughter of Smoke & Bone, book #3
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
Publication Date: April 1, 2014

Add to Goodreads
By way of a staggering deception, Karou has taken control of the chimaera rebellion and is intent on steering its course away from dead-end vengeance. The future rests on her, if there can even be a future for the chimaera in war-ravaged Eretz.

Common enemy, common cause.

When Jael's brutal seraph army trespasses into the human world, the unthinkable becomes essential, and Karou and Akiva must ally their enemy armies against the threat. It is a twisted version of their long-ago dream, and they begin to hope that it might forge a way forward for their people.

And, perhaps, for themselves. Toward a new way of living, and maybe even love.

But there are bigger threats than Jael in the offing. A vicious queen is hunting Akiva, and, in the skies of Eretz ... something is happening. Massive stains are spreading like bruises from horizon to horizon; the great winged stormhunters are gathering as if summoned, ceaselessly circling, and a deep sense of wrong pervades the world.

What power can bruise the sky?

From the streets of Rome to the caves of the Kirin and beyond, humans, chimaera and seraphim will fight, strive, love, and die in an epic theater that transcends good and evil, right and wrong, friend and enemy.

At the very barriers of space and time, what do gods and monsters dream of? And does anything else matter?

I've been anxiously awaiting this final installment from the moment I finished Days of Blood & Starlight. This is one of my favorite series, beautifully written and full of compelling characters.  Of course, I'm still hoping for a happy ending for Karou and Akiva, but any ending for these two will be epic.  I just hope there's plenty of Zuzana, too.  =)

In case you, too, are dying for more of this fantastic world, with its heartbreaking angels and chimera, check out the excerpt The Hollywood Reporter posted.  Seriously hoping the best for the adaptation.  And how lovely is that cover?  I'm so glad there were no changes on the covers in this series!

Now that you know what I'm dying to read, what are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!


18 comments:

  1. I love this cover! I still need to start this series. It's one of those ones I hear so many great things about but just haven't had a chance to start.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to start this series. I can't believe book 3 is almost out. Wicked cover though!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cover. Still need to read the second book. great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh I love this cover! I read the first book awhile back and need to re read these soon! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this one either. I love the cover and can't wait for it to be on my shelf with the others. I love Laini's writing and will read anything the woman puts out there to be read. I think this will be a long wait for it. good thing there are a million good books coming out to keep from going crazy with the wait. Perfect pick :-)

    My Friends Are Fiction's Waiting on Wednesday



    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard nothing but great things about this series and I swear I will get to it eventually. This series always has some amazing covers. Hope you love it when it comes out!

    Here's my WoW


    Debbie @ Keep Calm & Read Romance

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to read this series. Love this cover.
    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for this one! Such a great series. Great pick. Please check out my WoW!   And take a look at our giveaway of Hostage Three by Nick Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only heard about this series, never read it. Sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick. The covers in this series are wonderful. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still haven't read this series, although I've been wanting to.
    My WoW @ the NerdHerd Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the cover but I could never get into the first one. I want to try again sometime!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't even, Jen. This book. AAAHHH I'm dying for it. I'm especially excited to see the word "love" in the description above. THERE BETTER BE SOME LOVIN' is all I'm saying. But Taylor's world building is so rich and her writing gorgeous that I'm sure I'm going to love this book whatever it contains. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm excited for this book as well. I loved Taylor's writing and the cover looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still need to read the first books *hides*, but I know a lot of my friends are dying to get their hands on this one. I hope you're able to snag it soon. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been seeing this one around a lot this week! I love the use of gold on the cover. Still need to check out the series though haha. Awesome pick!

    Bookmunchies' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. The covers in this series are so darn beautiful!! I have the first two books in this series. I'm sure you're not surprised to hear I haven't read them yet. :( Ugh. But I did promise myself I would read DoS&B before the end of the year. Then I'll just have to read the second one by April of next year! :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...