Tuesday, June 3, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =) We're game.







This week's topic is the Top Ten Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag or Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer:

We already put together a post on our favorite summer reads and recommendations, so this post might seem redundant, but we're just going to list the summer-themed books that we hope to read this summer, whether by the beach, at the lake, or next to the pool. =D


April's picks:

Second Chance SummerSince You've Been GoneMy Life Next Doorwhat I thought was trueHow to FallJellicoe Roadwe were liarsNot a Drop to DrinkAmy and Rogers Epic Detourlets get Lost

Even though we just did a summer reading post (linked above), it's all good because every day my lists change. I'll see a great review of a book and squeeze it in, or I'll get a new arc that needs to be pushed ahead of others. So here are ten that I'm absolutely going to try and get done this summer. Two I already finished just last week. My Life Next Door and Since You've Been Gone. There are a couple on this list that aren't really summerish but I have to get done before the leaves start to fall. :) We Were Liars was recommended to me by my cousin, and so I squeezed it in. I've heard it's pretty good.


Jen's picks:

The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy: The Summer I Turned Pretty; It's Not Summer Without You; We'll Always Have SummerWhat I Thought Was TrueSince You've Been GoneBroken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #1)A Midsummer's NightmareEndless Summer (The Boys Next Door, #1-2)From What I Remember...In HonorSecond Chance SummerUnbreak My Heart

I feel pretty industrious already, having knocked two of these out -- I'll be reviewing What I Thought Was True and Since You've Been Gone later this week -- and started another two: From What I Remember, which I'm buddy-reading with my sis, and Second Chance Summer, which I'm listening to on audio. I've done all of Morgan Matson's books on audio now, and I love them. LoveloveLOVE them. Also, I recently discovered that Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend is written under her pseudonym. Now I'm even more excited to get to that one! April bought me The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy for my birthday, and since she loved the series so much, I'm sure I will, too. We have pretty similar taste in books. =) The rest have just been collecting dust on my shelves, and I think I owe it to myself to have a meaningful summer flirtation with all of them. :D


What books will be in YOUR beach bag this summer?  :)  Share the link to your TTT post so we can visit!


13 comments:

  1. Those are some summery looking covers- perfect beach reads! Since you both list Since You've Been Gone I will certainly make it a priority to read this summer. Happy summer reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skipped this week because...hehe, it's winter where I live. I kind of feel weird doing prompts that relate to a completely different season. *shrugs* BUT ANYWAY. I'm kind of comfy getting into all my wintery reads (settling down for some series marathons like City of Bones and Harry Potter!) but I WOULD love to read We Were Liars and My Life Next Door.
    The only one I've read of your picks is Not a Drop to Drink! Woah. I'm behind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh so many great choices! I am also hoping to get in some Huntley Fitzpatrick and Katie Finn reading this summer. :) I haven't picked up We Were Liars yet but I've heard fantastic things - and I really liked A Midsummer's Nightmare. Hope you both enjoy all your summertime reads!

    My Top Ten Summer Reads

    - Jenn @ Tale of Two Doxies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with so many of these, they definitely deserve a spot in the beach bag! Morgan Matson books FOR THE WIN! And Let's Get Lost looks like it would be a good one, I still need to read it. I need to read Huntley Fitzpatrick books too so those will be in my bag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these picks, especially Stray! I can't wait till that book is released!

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also picked What I Thought Was True and The Summer I Turned Pretty :) Great picks, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many good books! I can't wait to read Since You've Been Gone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading What I Thought Was True right now and really liking it. I put Let's Get Lost on my list and am really looking forward to that one. I read In Honor a couple of summers ago and really liked it, too. I love Jessi Kirby. I think I really need to read some Morgan Matson books soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Midsummer's Nightmare is hilarious. I have several of these on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not a Drop to Drink is a great, quick read that is good at giving you the unexpected. I am looking forward to A Handful of Dust!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let's get lost looks super cute :D I really want to read Not a drop to drink. I also plan to read Stray (fairytales for the win!) I've heard good things about Second chance summer & Since you've been gone.

    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those books look awesome! I'm totally judging by the covers, which are gorgeous. I have a few on my TBR myself.

    Here are my Top Ten for this week: http://wp.me/p4dPRE-5U

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...