Tuesday, June 10, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =) We're game.







This week's topic is the Top Ten Books We've Read So Far This Year:


April's Picks:

On the FenceSince You've Been GoneJust ListenThe Wells EndThe Scorpio RacesMaybe One DayOpen Road SummerThe Sky is EverywhereBright Before Sunrise”Cruel

I've read 60 books this year so far, so narrowing it down to a top ten was hard!! I've read so many great ones. Oddly enough, seven of the books you see above were audio books. I have Jen, (the best co blogger ever) to thank for that trend. <3 


Jen's Picks:

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles #1)Open Road SummerThe Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)Side Effects May VaryCruel BeautySomething RealThe Falconer (The Falconer, #1)The Art of LaineyOf Metal and WishesOn the Fence

I've read 94 books so far this year, but unlike April, I didn't have as difficult of a time narrowing down my list, mostly because as a result of my Best of 2013 post, I deemed it necessary to create a 2014 faves shelf on Goodreads. So, I really only had to narrow it down from 20 or so, and some of those were released in 2014 but I read ARCs in 2013, so they don't really count toward this year. That's the logic I used to purge my list, anyway. =D I think it's pretty obvious I've been reading a ton of fantasy and contemporary lately. I just haven't been feeling the sci-fi so much...or there just hasn't been all that much released so far this year and I just haven't noticed. *shrugs*


What are your favorite books so far this year? Did you have as hard a time narrowing it down as we did? Be sure to share a link to your TTT post so we can visit!


19 comments:

  1. Oooh, look at that! Cruel Beauty FTW! I'm definitely agree with a heap of your recs, particularly The Scorpio Races. x) That's a huge favourite of mine! Weeell, anything Maggie Stiefvater really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scorpio Races is currently on my nightstand, waiting to be read. I'm glad you thought it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Listen!!! That book has such sentimental value for me, because it's the book I credit as getting me back into read. It's what sparked my obsession with YA and made me fall in love with books again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these yet, unfortunately, but I NEED to read On the Fence, Since You've Been Gone, The Scorpio Races, Maybe One Day, Open Road Summer, Bright Before Sunrise, Cruel Beauty, The Winner's Curse, The Kiss of Deception, Side Effects May Vary, Something Real, The Art of Lainey....in other words, nearly all of them! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read more contemporary books but you guys have given me a few good ones to start off with!
    Thank you.
    http://wp.me/p3ftwe-sU

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I loved Since You've Been Gone! Also, I'm excited to read The Art of Lainey and I'm dying to read On the Fence!

    Thanks for sharing! Here's my Top Ten Tuesday post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your choices of The Scorpio Races and Side Effects May Vary -- largely because those are the only ones I've read from each of your lists (haha!), but more than that, they are SO SO GOOD! Since both of you agree on Cruel Beauty as a top pick, I think I'll have to listen to the audio over the summer. Thanks, Sync program! Oh, I've seen On the Fence on many lists today! I'm so glad you two can vouch for it too. I'm very excited to pick up a copy!

    Thanks for the list, ladies. I've got many recs out of it! :)

    Marlene @ The Flyleaf Review

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only read ONE of the books you both listed, but lots of them are already on my TBR list. Someday! I did enjoy SOMETHING REAL, though. It wasn't a favorite, but it was a fun and interesting read.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many of your books are on my TBR list!

    Here's my TTT:
    http://wendimlee.blogspot.com/2014/06/top-ten-ya-books-i-read-this-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read The Falconer and Cruel Beauty, they look great!

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cruel beauty is also on my list. Such a fantastic world-building. The same with The falconer, I loved the banter. On the fence was adorable. The winner's curse, Open road summer, Since you've been gone, the art of Lainey; all those books are on my radar. I hope to read at least The winner's curse this summer.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  12. April - I'm so happy to see those contemporaries on your list! I've only read three of them, but each is a favorite of mine. The other three (Since You've Been Gone, Open Road Summer, and On the Fence) look amazing. I think I'll love them too. :)

    Jen - Yay for The Art of Lainey!! That one is on my list too. :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many good books listed! I got really excited when I saw the cover of The Scorpio Races, as that's an all time favorite of mine! Puck and Sean - *sighs happily*
    Of the ones I haven't read yet, I'm really looking forward to On the Fence, The Winner's Curse, and Since You've Been Gone. Oh! And Of Metal and Wishes, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to several of these! Loved The Art of Lainey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The SCORPIO RACES is one of my all time top ten. I love seeing it on both of your lists! I also enjoyed so many of these books: ORS, The Sky is Everywhere, On the Fence, Cruel Beauty, Something Real, The Winner's Curse etc. I want to read The Falconer and have heard great things about it! (Crossing my fingers no triangle pops up). And Since You've Been Gone is a soon read as well. Great picks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great lists! I really loved Open Road Summer too. And I still haven't read On the Fence (I KNOW!) but that's only because I was waiting until closer to the release date... and now that it's here I'm backed up with review books and need to push it off a bit. So unfair! But hopefully I'll be able to read it next week. I really need to get to the audio of Cruel Beauty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read any books on this list (I know, I know, I'm terrible). I've heard a lot about The Art of Lainey though, so I'll definitely have to pick that up sometime in the near future. Great post! Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so looking forward to reading On the Fence! Sigh. Most of these books would've made my top ten as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cruel Beauty deserves to be on all the lists. Forever. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...